Buying your home over the holidays
Looking for the perfect home where your family can live, thrive and make memories every holiday and all year long? Buying a home that’s right for you doesn’t have to be a complicated process, and it’s certainly not something you want to do on your own—especially over the holidays.
We understand how stressful it can be to feel alone in the home buying process. As Northeast Oklahoma’s largest independent real estate company, our Realtors have helped more than 20,000 people find a home they love.
The good news about buying over the holidays
There are not as many buyers in the market for a new home over the holidays—and that means you have the opportunity to find the best houses without facing as much competition! Some sellers simply need to sell their home, so they list it over the holidays. It’s smart to buy at this time of year because a seller’s urgency may create the opportunity to negotiate a better price.
Stress-reducing tips to home buying over the holidays
- While waiting for your child’s school program to begin, pull out your smartphone, access our homes for sale, and create a list of homes you would like to see.
- If your spouse watches sports, why not take the time to shop for your home from the convenience of your own computer?
- Realize there are fewer buyers on the market, so you will have the undivided attention of a Realtor to obtain your dream home.
- Ask your Realtor if they will be taking any days off for the holidays so you can plan accordingly.
- Inquire about potential new listings that have not hit the market yet. Often if you can get in and see those houses, you may have the opportunity to make an offer before others even see the home.
- Motivated holiday sellers should be delighted to entertain early offers, and that may just put you into your new home by Christmas! How’s that for holiday shopping!
At McGraw Realtors, we make home buying easy—here’s how it works:
- Schedule a free consultation.
- Tour the homes that are right for you.
- Choose your perfect home.
Our team of experienced real estate professionals starts by listening carefully to your home needs and preferences. We then use our large network to find homes that are a match. We focus on your goals and best interests throughout the process. We guide you through everything from the home tours to the closing process.
We’re here to help you find the right home for the best price and have an enjoyable journey throughout the experience.
Our user-friendly website will help you find your home online at your convenience. Search everything—current residential listings, upcoming open houses, luxury homes, and even vacant land—from the convenience of your online device. Pick your favorites! Use our search tool to create a list of your favorite homes in the area.
Selling your home over the holidays
As homeowners, you want to sell your home as quickly as possible for the maximum possible amount of money. We understand how overwhelming it can be to sell your home, particularly during the busy holiday season.
As the largest local Real Estate Company in NE Oklahoma, we have helped more than 30,000 people sell their homes successfully, and we are ready to help you! Take a look at these way to make your home sale easy:
Stress-reducing tips for home selling over the holidays
- While it is recommended that sellers don’t decorate their homes for the holidays if the home has been listed, some of us simply aren’t up to that. With our legacies steeped in tradition, it’s difficult to think of not decorating, so instead, we encourage you to tastefully limit the holiday decorations.
- Simply decorate less for the holidays—because buyers want to picture their furniture, artwork and holiday decorations in the home they purchase. If you clutter your home with personal preferences in decorations, it may cost you.
- Decorations can distract buyers from seeing the true beauty of your home and picturing how they can make it their own. The small sacrifice of limiting decorations could pay off big when your home sells.
- If you choose to decorate for the holidays, stay clear of covering beautiful features like your fireplace’s mantel. Consider a moderate tree size, and leave all gifts in a storage closet rather than under the tree to prevent a cluttered look in the home. Think “open spaces” so buyers can freely picture their own belongings in your home.
- Add a personal, seasonal touch by simmering cinnamon, cloves, and apple cider in your kitchen during a holiday open house.
- Realize Tulsa real estate sells year round, so it’s perfectly smart to list during the holidays. Today’s buyers shop online for their new home, and they shop during every season—including the holidays.
- Typically, there are fewer homes for sale during the holidays—which creates the perfect opportunity for your home to be viewed and sold!
We make it easy for you to begin the selling process: simply go to our website and fill out the brief Sell My Home form.
You can enjoy peace-of-mind throughout the home-selling process as you work with a company like McGraw Realtors who has your best interest at heart.
Sell your Tulsa real estate successfully
Do you want to know the five keys that make or break the sale of your home? The Seller’s Checklist will equip you to sell your home successfully. It’s free! Just go to the Sell My Home page of our website and download the PDF. (add link)
McGraw Realtors of Tulsa stands ready to assist you in the home selling and buying process. You’ll find our service, expertise, and customer satisfaction outstanding. Call us today at (918) 592-6000 and allow us to help you buy or sell your home.