If you live in Oklahoma and you dream about buying a lake property, Grand Lake offers inviting reasons to explore the beauty of a lakefront lifestyle.
For lakefront living and the perfect place to make memories, Grand Lake is the top choice in northeastern Oklahoma real estate. The natural beauty of the area and variety of opportunities to enjoy life make Grand Lake real estate an exceptional choice. Family activities like boating, swimming, waterskiing, and sailing draw numerous people to put their roots down in a lake home or become lake weekenders in one of the charming communities nestled around Grand Lake.
Grand Lake is situated in Northeast Oklahoma deep in the heart of Green Country, providing exceptional opportunities to enjoy a lifestyle you’ll love.
Ready to turn your lakefront living dreams into a reality?
Know what to ask so you can make an informed, intelligent buying decision. Here are some questions to ask yourself about buying a home near Grand Lake:
1. What do I want to buy in the purchase of my lake property?
Besides a home on or near the water, lake properties provide a lifestyle you’re sure to love. To narrow your decision, think about your priorities in buying a lake property:
- Will this be the place I put my roots down and live year-round?
- Or, should I simply buy a place to get away on the weekends?
- Do I want to buy a home that has already been built?
- Or, would I prefer to build a custom lake home to meet my specific needs?
- What are my priorities in a lake home?
- Do I want to live right on the water with a breathtaking panoramic view?
- Or, do I prefer to live where I can still get a great view and have access to the lake through a nearby boat ramp or community dock?
- Am I desiring a home to house and entertain my extended family in, or simply accommodate meals together when they visit for the day?
- What types of activities are my priorities: fishing, boating, sailing, or jet skiing?
- Do I just want to unplug from the bustle of city life, relax, and take in the views from my back deck?
- How accessible will my favorite lake activities be from the property?
- What type of lake community do I desire?
- Would I prefer a larger home that is right on the lake?
- Or, would I like a home right on the lake that may have less square footage, but the views make up for it?
2. When it comes to water access, what do I prefer?
- Lakefront—Lakefront properties are right on the water and give you direct access to all the water activities including boating, swimming, and fishing. The investment is greater due to the proximity to the beautiful lake, but the lifestyle and enjoyment make it a desirable choice.
- Access—Lake properties that are near the lake but not right on the lake give you a nice view of the lake and are within walking distance to the water. Lake access properties are more reasonably priced than lakefront properties because they aren’t right on the water, and they offer a balanced option for lake lovers.
- Lake Community—Properties in a lake community offer buyers the most affordable lake property option. They are not located on the lake, but they are part of the neighborhood that surrounds it. They offer the most economical choice for buyers, and provide an enjoyable lifestyle a few blocks to a mile or two from the lake.
3. What does the area offer in addition to the lake?
When you buy a home, you buy a lifestyle, so take a good look at the community and the lifestyle it facilitates.
- Is there a marina nearby where you can rent a boat slip?
- Does the community have a golf course?
- What type of restaurants and retail are in the area?
- Are there festivals and community gatherings seasonally to enjoy?
- What about the practical things like a hospital, fire department, and local police department?
- Where is the nearest grocery store?
4. What types of regulations govern the lake property?
Property owners appreciate restrictions around a lake that:
- Preserve wildlife
- Maintain the beauty of the area
- Preserve the lake’s natural beauty
Neighborhood associations and the Grand River Dam Authority provide regulations to abide by for lake property owners. There may be regulations about types of boats allowed on the lake and boat dock installation that would be wise to inquire about before purchasing a lake property.
McGraw REALTORS is ready to help you find a lake home you’ll love
Buying a lake home can be more complicated. We understand how stressful it can be to navigate the process alone. As Northeast Oklahoma’s largest private realty group, we’ve helped more than 20,000 people find a home they love. We believe you can find the right lake home for an amazing price and have an enjoyable home buying experience.
Here’s how it works:
- Schedule a free consultation.
- Tour the homes that are right for you.
- Choose your perfect home, and we’ll guide you through the closing process.
Let us get you into the perfect lakefront home
If you’re looking to buy a house on Grand Lake, let us help you find the perfect lake home. Our team of experienced real estate professionals are ready to listen carefully to your home needs and preferences, and find the perfect piece of real estate.
See the Grand Lake community and learn more about the fun and family activities, as well as the eats and retail at your fingertips near Grand Lake. Schedule a free consultation with a McGraw REALTOR, and make your lake property dreams a reality.